By Dennis Hayes
Beyond McDonaldization offers new techniques of upper schooling for the twenty-first century in a different demeanour, demanding a lot that's written in mainstream texts. This publication undertakes a reassessment of the expansion of McDonaldization in larger schooling via exploring how the applying of Ritzer’s 4 positive factors efficiency, predictability, calculability and control has develop into commonplace.
This wide-ranging textual content discusses arguments surrounding the industrialisation of upper schooling, with case reviews and contributions from a variety of foreign authors. Written in an available kind, Beyond McDonaldization examines questions similar to:
- Can we regain educational freedom when demanding the McDonaldization of inspiration and ideas?
- Is a McDonaldization of each point of educational existence inevitable?
- Will the hot concentrate on scholar adventure harm younger people?
Why is a McDonaldized schooling dwelling on borrowed time?
- Is it attainable to recreate the collage of the earlier or needs to we commence anew?
- Does this industrialisation meet the academic wishes of constructing economies?
This booklet brings foreign discussions at the altering international of upper schooling and the speculation of McDonaldization jointly, looking to offer a favorable destiny imaginative and prescient of upper schooling. Analysing and situating the dialogue of upper schooling inside a much wider social, political and cultural context, this ground-breaking textual content could have a favored allure with scholars, lecturers and educationalists.
Read or Download Beyond McDonaldization: Visions of Higher Education PDF
Best college & university education books
Management for World-Class Universities unearths how "world-class" considering and coverage might help college leaders hire smooth recommendations to the demanding situations dealing with greater schooling at the present time. Readers will take advantage of top perform recommendation provided by way of unique overseas individuals who've excelled through pondering globally with no wasting sight in their respective nationwide and native environments.
"A publication that each educational chief may still learn and positioned into perform. " —Kim Cameron, affiliate dean of government schooling, Ross college of industrial, collage of Michigan compliment for optimistic educational management " Buller has produced a ebook that each educational chief may still learn and placed into perform.
The purpose of this set of books is to mix the easiest of present educational learn into using groups of perform in schooling with "hands on" practitioner event with the intention to offer lecturers and lecturers with a handy resource of steerage and an incentive to paintings with and improve of their personal groups of perform.
This paintings presents a severe reexamination of the starting place and improvement of America's land-grant faculties and universities, created via crucial piece of laws in larger schooling. the tale is split into 5 elements that offer nearer examinations of consultant advancements. half I describes the relationship among agricultural learn and American faculties.
- Reflections on the University of California: From the Free Speech Movement to the Global University
- Conquering the Content: A Blueprint for Online Course Design and Development (Jossey-Bass Guides to Online Teaching and Learning)
- Higher Education for the Public Good: Emerging Voices from a National Movement
- Universities, Ethics and Professions: Debate and Scrutiny (Key Issues in Higher Education)
- Teaching Sustainability / Teaching Sustainably
Extra resources for Beyond McDonaldization: Visions of Higher Education