By Michelle Halbheer,Franziska K. Müller
By Frank Ryan
- Offers a spotlight on habit that's missing in present cognitive treatment accounts
- Utilizes numerous ways, together with mindfulness, 12-step facilitation, cognitive bias amendment, motivational enhancement and goal-setting and, to wrestle universal highway blocks at the street to habit recovery
- Uses neuroscientific findings to give an explanation for how dedication turns into compromised-and the way it could be successfully used in the scientific arena
By William R. Miller,Kathleen M. Carroll
While wisdom on substance abuse and addictions is increasing speedily, medical perform nonetheless lags in the back of. This ebook brings jointly major specialists to explain what remedy and prevention may seem like if it have been in accordance with the simplest technology to be had. the amount comprises developmental, neurobiological, genetic, behavioral, and social–environmental views. Tightly edited chapters summarize present pondering at the nature and motives of alcohol and different drug difficulties; talk about what works on the person, family members, and societal degrees; and supply powerful rules for constructing greater remedies and services.
By Bill J.
By Shulamith L A Straussner,Mario De La Rosa,Lori Holleran
Information in regards to the substance abuse behaviors between Latino populations has been constrained. Substance Abusing Latinos: present study on Epidemiology, Prevention, and remedy fills this void by way of offering the newest study at the epidemic of substance abuse now afflicting the Latino neighborhood. Ethnic transformations are reviewed, together with particular reviews protecting gang contributors, low-income city ladies, dicy behaviors, and language choice signs of acculturation. This e-book does greater than easily current the researchit discusses powerful therapy options to aid practitioners supply caliber, culturally powerfuble care to missing Latino populations.
Latinos, the most important minority within the usa, have an expanding alcohol and illicit drug use challenge. tradition, acculturation, and language carry strong sway within the examine of Latino/a substance abuse. Substance Abusing Latinos: present examine on Epidemiology, Prevention, and remedy delves deeply into troubling matters similar to gang club, sexual abuse, the inability of fit kinfolk function versions, the results of other degrees of acculturation, the shortcoming of medical health insurance, and rampant involvement with the felony process. The examine is used as a beginning to target the newest advances of substance abuse prevention and culturally useful intervention programs.
Each bankruptcy is broadly referenced to augment research.
Substance Abusing Latinos: present study on Epidemiology, Prevention, and remedy explores:
- substance abuse between gang contributors in a small city
- youth sexual abuse and drug use between low-income Puerto Rican women
- a comparability of dicy behaviors of African-American and Cuban-American adolescent juvenile offenders
- acculturation prestige and substance use prevention with Mexican and Mexican-American youth
- culturally powerfuble intervention with households of Latino formative years in danger for drug abuse
- psychiatric, kinfolk, and ethnicity-related elements which may effect remedy between Hispanic substance abusing adolescents
- HIV/AIDS prevention perform with substance abusers
Substance Abusing Latinos: present examine on Epidemiology, Prevention, and therapy is vital analyzing for educators, scholars, practitioners operating with Latino/a populations, and substance abuse researchers.
By Karly Randolph Pitman
By G. Klantschnig,N. Carrier,C. Ambler
By Dr. Dennis G. Frederick
This well timed and provocative e-book is meant for males who heavily are looking to conquer their dependancy to pornography—no topic the place they're at the present time. The message is that this: you're not by myself; God desires you to stay a lifetime of freedom and peace. The chapters aid readers in achieving own restoration in addition to recovery of relationships with other halves and youngsters.
By guiding the reader in the course of the exam and restoration strategy, Dr. Frederick bargains the reader wish of real transformation and renewed courting with relatives and with God.
By Kyczy Hawk
By Lilly Lindner
»Verletzlich und zart im Ton.« Fokus