By Charles (Carlos) Plummer,Diane Carlson,Lisa Hammersley
By James P. Verdon
By Claire M. Belcher
Fire Phenomena and the Earth System brings jointly some of the subdisciplines inside of hearth technology to supply a synthesis of our realizing of the position of wildfire within the Earth procedure. The ebook exhibits how wisdom of fireplace phenomena and the character of combustion of common fuels can be utilized to appreciate glossy wildfires, interpret fireplace occasions within the geological checklist and to appreciate the function of fireside in quite a few Earth procedure approaches. by means of bringing jointly chapters written through best overseas researchers from a number of geological, environmental, chemical and engineering disciplines, the ebook will stimulate the alternate of principles and data throughout those topic parts. Fire Phenomena and the Earth System offers a really interdisciplinary advisor which can tell us approximately Earth’s previous, current and beyond.
Readership: complicated scholars and researchers throughout a variety of earth, environmental and lifestyles sciences, together with biogeochemistry, paleoclimatology, atmospheric technological know-how, palaeontology and paleoecology, combustion technological know-how, ecology and forestry.
By Marisa Wilson
Offering a unprecedented glimpse of rural existence in modern day Cuba, this publication examines how usual Cubans carve out their very own areas for ‘appropriate’ acts of intake, trade, and creation in the contradictory normative and fabric areas of daily fiscal life.
- Discusses the clash among the socialist-welfare perfect of foodstuff as an entitlement and the marketplace worth of foodstuff as a commodity
- Bridges the fields of human geography and anthropology
- Approaches nutrition networks and the size of meals platforms in a unique way
- Provides a complete examine Cuba this day, with insurance of historical past, politics, economics, and social and environmental justice
- Enhanced through vibrant photographs from the field
By Susan Barr,Cornelia Lüdecke
By Angela L. Coe
Geological box Techniques is designed for college students, beginner fans and execs who've a heritage in geology and need to gather box info on rocks and geological beneficial properties. instructing facets of this textbook include:
- step-by-step publications to crucial useful abilities comparable to utilizing a compass-clinometer, creating a geological map and drawing a box sketch;
- tricks of the exchange, checklists, circulate charts and brief labored examples;
- over 2 hundred illustrations of a variety of box notes, maps and geological features;
- appendices with the generally used rock description and type diagrams;
- a helping site hosted by way of Wiley Blackwell.
By G. Mathias Kondolf,Hervé Piégay
Fluvial Geomorphology stories the biophysical approaches performing in rivers, and the sediment styles and landforms due to them. it's a self-discipline of synthesis, with roots in geology, geography, and river engineering, and with powerful interactions with allied fields corresponding to ecology, engineering and panorama structure. This ebook comprehensively reports instruments utilized in fluvial geomorphology, at a degree appropriate to steer the choice of study equipment for a given query. proposing an built-in method of the interdisciplinary nature of the topic, it presents counsel for researchers and pros at the instruments on hand to reply to questions about river recovery and administration.
Thoroughly up-to-date because the first variation in 2003 via specialists of their subfields, the e-book offers cutting-edge instruments that experience revolutionized fluvial geomorphology in fresh many years, akin to actual and numerical modelling, distant sensing and GIS, new box strategies, advances in courting, monitoring and sourcing, statistical ways in addition to extra conventional equipment corresponding to the platforms framework, stratigraphic research, shape and stream characterisation and historic research.
- Covers 5 major kinds of geomorphological questions and their linked instruments: historic framework; spatial framework; chemical, actual and organic tools; research of techniques and types; and destiny realizing framework.
- Provides assistance on merits and obstacles of alternative instruments for various purposes, facts resources, gear and offers wanted, and case stories illustrating their software in an built-in perspective.
It is a necessary source for researchers geomorphologists, hydrologists, geologists, engineers, planners, and ecologists eager about river administration, conservation and recovery. it's a valuable supplementary textbook for top point undergraduate and graduate classes in Geography, Geology, Environmental technological know-how, Civil and Environmental Engineering, and interdisciplinary classes in river administration and restoration.
By P. Morgan,B. H. Baker
By Brian W. Blouet,Olwyn M. Blouet
By Rainer Sandau,Hans-Peter Roeser,Arnoldo Valenzuela