By Edward O. Frantz
A spouse to Reconstruction Presidents provides a sequence of unique essays that discover quite a few vital concerns, topics, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. furnish, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st finished examine the presidencies of Johnson, supply, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from most sensible historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the learn of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key themes comprise each one president’s political occupation; international coverage; family coverage; army heritage; and social context in their phrases in office
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
During this research, we heavily element the Predator complicated suggestion expertise Demonstration (ACTD) and likewise record the $64000 demonstration and transition matters from the undertaking that may be utilized to different ACTDs.
The knowledge of time period limits politics has been debated because the time of Aristotle, spurring 'reforms' of legislatures in Athens, Rome, Venice, and within the US less than the Articles of Confederation. This publication examines fresh traits in American states for you to examine the age-old query of the way the foundations that govern a legislature have an effect on the habit of its participants and the guidelines that it produces.
This can be the publication of the broadcast booklet and should now not comprise any media, web site entry codes, or print supplementations which can come packaged with the certain booklet. up to date in its eighth variation, Politics and coverage in States & Communities distinguishes itself via its hugely obtainable writing variety, inclusion of targeted subject matters corresponding to tribal governments, large dialogue of intergovernmental family members, and its concentrate on the connection among executive and the governed--how people are stricken by executive judgements and the way participants effect public coverage ("face-to-face" approach).
This e-book is a entire research of cooperation one of the complex capitalist international locations. Can cooperation persist with no the dominance of a unmarried energy, reminiscent of the us after global conflict II? to reply to this urgent query, Robert Keohane analyzes the associations, or "international regimes," during which cooperation has taken position on this planet political economic climate and describes the evolution of those regimes as American hegemony has eroded.
- Vorpommern nördlich der Peene unter dänischer Verwaltung 1715 bis 1721 (Beiträge zur Militärgeschichte) (German Edition)
- Myanmar's Transition: Openings, Obstacles and Opportunities
- Election Administration in the United States: The State of Reform after Bush v. Gore
- Getting Back in the Game: A Foreign Policy Handbook for Canada
Extra info for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)